Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just being kids


I've included this photo from our recent (March 09) trip to Nicaragua. It was my first time visiting Self-Help's in-country staff and the programs they administer. I was floored. They do so much with so little.
Those familiar with Self-Help's programs know that we have feeding centers that provide a once-a-day porridge of corn meal, a pinch of barley malt and a little sugar for pre-schoolers in rural communities. The kids love it. It does much to battle malnutrition at an important developmental time for these children. While there are plenty of cases of hungry and diseased kids (a subject of another blog), I thought you might like to see the faces of kids who have been coming for some time. Here's one such photo... of kids being kids.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! SELF HELP